What to write on a plaque
An award plaque is a special way to recognize and honor an individual or organization's achievements, contributions, and accomplishments. It serves as a tangible symbol of appreciation and recognition that will last a lifetime. One of the most important aspects of designing an award plaque is selecting the right wording. The words on the plaque should convey the meaning and significance of the award in a concise and effective way. Here are some tips on how to select the wording for an award plaque:
1. Identify the purpose of the award: Before you start writing the wording for the plaque, it is important to understand the purpose of the award. What is the achievement that is being recognized? What is the message you want to convey? Understanding the purpose will help you to select the right words and phrases that will accurately convey the intended message.
2. Keep it concise: The wording on an award plaque should be concise and to the point. It should not be too lengthy or verbose. Stick to the key points and use clear and simple language that is easy to understand.
3. Highlight the achievement: The wording on the plaque should highlight the achievement of the recipient. It should clearly state what they have accomplished and how it has contributed to the organization or community.
4. Use powerful language: The language you use on the plaque should be powerful and inspiring. Use strong adjectives and action verbs to convey the impact of the achievement. The language should be positive and uplifting to inspire the recipient to continue to achieve great things.
5. Consider the audience: When selecting the wording for the plaque, consider the audience who will be reading it. Will it be displayed in a public area? Will it be read by colleagues, friends, or family members? Tailor the language to the audience to ensure that it resonates with them.
6. Proofread and edit: Once you have drafted the wording for the plaque, proofread it carefully and make any necessary edits. Check for spelling and grammar errors and ensure that the wording flows smoothly.
In conclusion, selecting the wording for an award plaque is an important task that should be approached with care and consideration. By following these tips, you can create a plaque that accurately conveys the message and significance of the award, and that will be treasured by the recipient for years to come.
Drop us a line if you need help figuring out what award will work best for you!